Chips Ahoy and Fudgeo have nothing on Oreo cookies, and the frosting is surprisingly easy to make. Who says you can’t taste a Mcflurry in a cupcake?!
This recipe covers about 20 cupcakes.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 6-8 crushed Oreos (magic bullet/grind it for 30 seconds)
- 1 tsp of milk or cream
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Whip your butter on a medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes (the butter will turn from a yellow tint to a whiter tint)
- Slowly add in your sugar on a LOW speed
- Add in your milk/cream, vanilla, salt, and crushed Oreos
- Chill in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before frosting your cupcakes/cake
*If you are decorating your cupcake using a star tip… Use an open star tip instead of a closed one because of the cookies bits. i.e. Use a Wilton 1M if you want that star-piped design