Soft, buttery, with vanilla bean crunchies. If you enjoy making delicious designs or using cookie cutters, you may want to give this a try! 🙂
The amount of cookies depends on how big/small you make your cookies…With that said… I made 20.
3/4 of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup of granulated/white sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste (optional)
2/3 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4-1/2 tsp of salt (depending on your preference)
- Mix your baking powder and salt into your flour in a separate bowl.
- With a hand mixer, stand mixer, or with a good ol’ whisk, whip your butter and sugar with a medium speed for 1 min.
- Blend in your eggs, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste.
- Finally, add your flour mixture for a final mix.
- Take a whiff of the vanilla aroma…. mmm and cover your dough and chill in the fridge for a few hours-overnight (Or if you’re impatient like me, pop it in the freezer for a good 30min or so…).
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Roll your dough and make the shapes you want…. i.e. letters, shapes, animals, symbols etc.
- Bake for around 6-10 minutes (it depends on your oven and the texture you like).
- And… Enjoy! 😀
(Some vanilla hearts for a friend’s 25th birthday :))